Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Rock and a Hard Place

Sometimes there are situations where you are really stuck
 between a rock and a hard place.



I don't want to get too specific, 
but that's just how I feel at the moment. 
I know it will get better.
 I know I will look back on this later with clarity, with the whole picture, 
with the answer to the 'why'.
 But for now, I am in that place.

Every time I've heard that expression, by the way, 
I have had the exact same thought:

"How redundant. A rock IS a hard place."

It's like saying,
 "I am stuck between a pillow
 and something mushy and soft  that you put your head on..."

3 comments:

Hasya Ya'ara said...

I know when I have been in that spot, no matter what people say to help, it doesn't.

I just wish you the ability to perservere to push through whatever it may be.

Hasya Ya'ara

Shoshana said...

Hi Hasya!
Thanks for your support. By the way, it's so cool that you're looking into Judaism.
Have you been to Israel? If not, (and if you're interested) there are a lot of ways to get there nowadays for short or long-term Jewish learning programs, especially if you're in college/grad school. Let me know your age/interests and I'll try to think of what programs might be a good fit. They are usually pretty subsidized.

Rivki Silver said...

Oh Shosh, you are cracking me up. It is redundant. Totally. You have a great attitude, and IY"H, the situation will pass soon. :)

Hit Counters
Hit Counters