I know that's a bad idea, because you're supposed to store up all your energy for labor, which can be a marathon and involves a lot of pushing at the end.
Right. Try telling that to my subconscious, because I feel like I am walking around in outer space and will remain there until this pregnancy has ended. I just burned my finger on the potatoes I felt the need to boil at 1:00 AM, you know, JUST IN CASE there is a desperate need for potatoes tomorrow and I don't have the opportunity to boil them in the daytime like a normal person. There's something about the imminent arrival of a child to this planet. I couldn't sleep prior to my nieces' arrivals. And this is...my own child?
Disclaimer: it's important not to count my chickens before they hatch. I am continuing to pray that, with G-d's help, my baby will be delivered safely into my arms. I know that nobody owes me a healthy child or a safe birth, and that these things can only happen through G-d's infinite, undeserved kindness towards me.
Okay, now that I have disclaimed that,
I can't believe I am going to have a baby!! It really is a miracle!!

No comments:
Post a Comment