I posted a long, long time ago about an amazing book,
I Only Want To Get Married Once, by Chana Levitan,
but it deserves another mention. It's really worth the read. It's simple, direct, honest, and clear about a subject (dating/relationships) that looks anything but clear.The whole concept of infatuation masquerading as love is hard to admit but rings hauntingly true. As you read it, every movie/love song/failed relationship/irrational crush will come flooding into your memory afresh. This book just dissects the subject of love (or what appears to be love) in real terms. Reading this will spare any reader from potential heartbreak and self-delusion. Even if you're happily dating or happily married, it's a refresher of the basics that we all need to hear and review to make the most of our relationships.
The author happens to be a teacher of mine (but believe me- I am not trying to promote someone just because I know them). I've observed her for years now, and she really lives and breathes every value she writes in her book- this is the biggest testimonial to the book's greatness. She wrote it out of her wholehearted dedication to helping people find, and hold on to, true love.


No comments:
Post a Comment