Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things that make you go "..sorry, what?"


I was born in Detroit, raised in New Jersey, moved to New York to be an actor...and now live in Jerusalem. uh, What?

I was raised politically liberal and religiously unaffiliated, and now I am Orthodox. What?

My life-plan included thinking about marriage between the ages of 29 and 30, after my 6-year career focus, post-BFA in Acting, MFA in Directing. Children? Maybe. If my career in revolutionizing the world through art permitted.

I got engaged at 23, married at 24, and if everything goes well, I will become a mother this June, 3 months after my 25th birthday. What?

I have never been to Europe. My soul-mate and partner in this world is from Switzerland. And he's never been to America. And we were introduced by a middle-aged woman from South Africa who had known him for a month and me for 20 minutes. What?!

My husband and I, at ages 23 and 24, decided to bind ourselves to one another for life. After looking into each other's references for 3 weeks and dating with the intention of engagement-if it worked out-for 6 weeks (we were subsequently engaged for 5.5 months). And, I repeat, we are happy. What?


No comments:

Hit Counters
Hit Counters