Friday, February 19, 2010

Get Up At 3:00 and other grand plans


Thank G-d for my father

who is the perfect blend of organized and sentimental. In the 80's and 90's, he would file away our childhood mementos. Now, in the 10's (what do you call our current decade anyway?), he occasionally scans and emails little reminders to us of our younger selves. 

Below is my morning agenda that I wrote out (probably far, far in advance) for the day of my 5th-grade audition for Annie on Broadway. 

 
This agenda worked- I was the first one on a line that stretched around two city blocks. But I didn't even get through the door, because I was a whole inch taller than the cardboard cutout of the current Annie.

Now, I find this very funny. 

Then, I think I was prepared to saw a few inches off my ankles 
and try to get back in line. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you call our current decade the Ot's.
-KW

Hit Counters
Hit Counters