Saturday, February 20, 2010

once a Colonial, always a Colonial


    The other day, I was unsuccessfully attempting to describe Morristown, NJ (the town where I grew up) to my husband, and I decided to look online for photos.
    I found a 229-photo slideshow of Morristown, full of historical facts and details about every photo. And it wasn't until viewing this slideshow, with Gavriel (who was awestruck by the pictures), that I realized-
 Morristown is actually a beautiful 
and richly historical place.
Even by Gavriel's standards- and he's from a place which resembles paradise. But for some reason, I don't remember the beauty at all. And I never asked myself, 'what's with all these statues? What took place here?' 
It makes me wonder- how many things I am being given now, for the sole purpose of appreciation, that are flying completely under my radar?


View the slideshow here: 
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2747476120031860892PaGbYA

No comments:

Hit Counters
Hit Counters