Thursday, September 16, 2010
Tomorrow's Autopilot
I felt it at the beginning of middle school (9 periods in a class day?! And how will I ever remember my locker combination?)
And then again at the beginning of high school (um..where's the gym again?!)
And then at the beginning of college (how am I supposed to know how to swipe my Metrocard?!)
And then when I came to Israel ('Ken' is yes and 'Lo' is no?!)
And then when I got married (WHO PUT ME IN CHARGE OF KEEPING KOSHER AND COOKING AT THE SAME TIME IN THIS KITCHEN?? I CAN'T DO THIS!!)
And then during my pregnancy (I...can't...do...anything...)
And then becoming a mother (I am responsible for another human being's IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE?)
But I just realized something today, as I entertained my baby, made lunch, and choreographed a tap routine at the same time (Get ready to remember this when you need it):
Today's New/Impossible Task will be tomorrow's Autopilot.
And that gives me all the hope in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes! That is so well put! And I have a feeling that it will be my new mantra very soon, IY"H...
Post a Comment