Monday, January 10, 2011

Naomi Bracha

The other day, I was engrossed in a book while my 6-month-old baby was playing on the floor a few feet away. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that she kept rotating her head in a funny way. I finally tore my eyes away from the 'fascinating' read (trust me, it was not so) and looked at her.

 It was then that I realized that every time she had rotated her head, she was trying to make eye contact with me. Yes, she had toys. And yes, I was right there. But she wanted me to watch her, to echo her little greetings, to show her that she was the center of my attention. So I did. And it was really worth it.

4 comments:

MamaMerson said...

Double "like"! Wow Naomi is 6 months old! Time Flies, it really pays off to stare into those little blue eyes for as long as you can :)

Unknown said...

Shoshana, hello. Such a wonderful post:) It's SO nice, hearing and seeing you recognizing her needs in those ways. What a Mom! Much, much love, Dad

Rivki Silver said...

Oh, do I feel you on this one. Every time I pay any attention at all to David Eliezer his whole BEING lights up. He is so happy when I just look at him. It is won-der-ful! However, it makes me feel exceedingly guilty when I'm on the computer or reading a book instead of interacting. I'm working on it.

Devorah said...

Awwww so sweet to see how the communication starts at such a young age! :-D

Hit Counters
Hit Counters