The other day,
I took a bus home from the outdoor market in central Jerusalem.
I sat down next to a lady in her 50's wearing polka-dotted pants. She was Israeli, but not from Jerusalem.
She said to me,
Living here
Her (in Hebrew): Excuse me, but I am looking for a place. It's called Olamei Beit Yisrael. Do you know where that is?
Me (in Shme-brew): Actually, I know it very well- I got married there.
And I was able to give her full directions to get to the wedding of her relatives. To express her gratitude, she promised to ask the bride to pray for me and my husband and our future children (it's customary for brides to pray on behalf of many on the day of their wedding).
FYI, there are a ton of wedding halls in Jerusalem.
And that bus pulled up the instant that I arrived at the bus stop and saw that there were absolutely no seats in the waiting area (and if you have ever waited for the #7, you know how miraculous that really was).
And when I boarded the packed bus, there was only one seat available. In the front row. Next to this person, who needed my help.
Living here
gives you the feeling
that the scenes are constantly being set up
for your entrance.

1 comment:
I miss Israeli hashgacha! I miss it! Moshiach, please come soon!
Post a Comment